Meet the Maker: An Interview with Frenchie Fancies
I am the true definition of a crazy dog lady. I adore my two rescue staffies and love nothing more than spoiling them rotten, especially if it means supporting a small business at the same time to justify my spending! The questions is what do you get two dogs that destroy toys in 0.43645476 seconds? Food! Food is the true way to my staffies hearts but being the true dog mama I am, I have to know that what I am giving them is also as healthy and tasty as it can be. So you can imagine my joy at finding Molly's business a few months ago...
1. Tell us a little about you and your business.
My name is Molly, I’m 27 and I am the owner, maker and baker at Frenchie Fancies based in Chester, Cheshire.
2. What inspired your business name?
Our family dogs Frank & Betty, they are French bulldogs.
3. How did you first discover your passion for your craft?
I have always been a keen baker and maker whilst growing up and I owe it all to my Nan and Mum.
4. How long has your business been running?
5. What inspires your creations?
Definitely my pooches, I’m constantly thinking of new things I can make for them.
6. What is your proudest achievement to date?
I would say probably when I first started shipping outside the UK and seeing all the exciting places my makes were going to! Especially when I receive such amazing customer photos of their pooches.
7. What is the biggest lesson you have learned?
It's okay to say no!
8. What is your favourite make?
Currently my Dinky Doggy Doughnuts as they are my newest bake and I just love them!
9. What is the best feedback you have received?
I would have to say the best feedback is when they add a picture of their pooches and seeing their happy little faces makes my day.
10. Is there anything you regret?
Only not having the guts to start my own business sooner.
11. What are your goals for the future?
To grow my product range and hopefully open my own little pet shop where I can bake fresh treats daily.
12. What is the best part of being a maker?
Definitely being able to create new things daily and never be bored!
13. What is your least favourite job to do?
Admin- it makes my head hurt!
14. What advice would you give your old self?
Just go for it, you only live once, do what makes you happy.
15. What advice would you give other makers?
Be proud of your makes and believe in yourself.
To find out more about Molly and to see more of her fab work follow her here: